Sunday, July 13, 2014

Tell Your Story

This showed up in my inbox today and the words smacked me in the head (and heart) like an unsuspected foul ball at a baseball game. I have found myself telling more of my story to more people, and the truth feels so free. No longer hiding behind secrets that keep things "safe". What is safe? Who is it safe to? Not me. Not anymore. I've learned that in sharing more I find parallels in others. Some so similar it's scary. Yet it reminds me that I am not alone. I never was, I just didn't know it then. Now I have the option to move forward alongside others who are also taking steps toward a new life. In this joint movement there is power. I'm beginning to tell my story. The one that shaped me as I am now and the one that is unfolding before me. Tell yours too.

No comments:

Post a Comment