Saturday, August 2, 2014

Painfully Honest


I hate how guarded I've become, and I hate how guarded the people I care about are. Somewhere along the way we all began to believe that we (and others) are desperate for feeling anything other than indifference. It somehow became normal to be with someone without a "label"...to "casually" date. That's such bullshit, in my opinion. We're meant to be connected to each other. In lots of varying degrees. And the acknowledgement of that connection has been lost. We hide behind social media and texting. 

I'm a passionate person. I like passionately, and I dislike passionately. Gray area is hard for me...especially when further muted by distant, cold, tech-driven communication. Let's be real with each other. Full of love, tenderness, joy, sadness, hurt, and everything else we feel. Without downplaying or apologizing for such honesty. Truth is so much more valuable in this world of lies we live in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment